Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 New Year, Fresh Start


Well, its time for me to jump on the bandwagon again, but I refuse to call this new years resolutions because everyone knows a new years resolution only counts till the end of Jan, so I will go ahead and call this 2014 Goals and I only have 5!

1. Getting my Style Star on!


While no one has ever seen me being lured out of a drain with a Marie Biscuit, I will admit I haven't paid as much attention to my style in 2013, and its not like I don't have the ability to dress to a tee, I was just not being my usual planning self and while I'm proud of my massive weight loss, having clothes 2 sizes too big didn't help the situation either, but this year I need to step it up a bit, especially on the corporate front. Don't get me wrong, I will still get my devil wears prada on, by stashing flats under my desk, cause its time to face the fact that I can't be in heels for hours on end anymore, I'm way past that point of suffering for beauty. So this goal is to pay attention to what I wear, buy more staple pieces for work and up my handbag collection. Since someone told me I look "vaal" last year I guess I will have to step up in the make up department too.

2. Relocation


This will probably be the one goal I will work the hardest on this year. I love my job and Pretoria, but being alone up here for the past 3 years has taken its toll. Everyone and Everything I love is down in Cape Town and that is where I belong and while my bosses lip was hanging on the floor when I told him about my plans to move back, he agreed to assist me to get back home since I want to stay in my current company. Wish me luck on this one!!!!!

3. Maintaining my weight


I have worked my ass off last year to loose the 12kgs I packed on in 2012 and I did it, its GONE!!! This year I will focus on just maintaining my weight, cause while I have a closet full of big clothes, I plan on altering them all to fit my current frame and there will be no going back. Most people think I lived of lettuce leaves and laxatives, but I made a lifestyle choice and lost the weight the hard way. I still eat normal food, have wine and buy Chicken Licken (yes I love chicken licken)

4. Getting to financial well-being


I do think I'm better off then most of my peers in this department and while I'm not drowning in bad dept I still have two pesky things called a clothing account and a credit card, which is depleting my piggy bank. Yes yes I know I said I want to sort it out last year too and that didn't happen so a more collective effort will be made this year. Since I would like to invest in property soon I need to put a self imposed ban on shoe shops and stay away from malls. 

5. Read More


I really lagged in this department and I'm sure my reading buddy Mel will have much to say about this once its posted. I didn't reach my goal on Goodreads but this year I'm hell bound on doing it. I have a ton of books just waiting to be read and I plan on doing it. My goal is to read at least 20 books this year and I plan to not fail again but then I need to delete Candy Crush of my phone hehehe.


So yeah, there they are. I will need to get back to this post by Dec 2014!.

Lovies
Xoxo

1 comment: